Korg Introduces Krome Music Workstation
September 6, 2012 by Gabriel Lamorie
A leader in producing excellent keyboard workstations, Korg has announced their latest addition to the category with Krome. Among other additions, Krome’s new ‘ground-breaking’ grand piano promises to offer an incredible playing experience.
The Korg Krome is expected to be available October 2012 in 61, 73 and 88 keyboard sizes. Preorder for the 61 is available now for $999 MSRP.
Here is a brief overview from Korg:
Krome Music Workstation
On Stage. On the Go. On Top.
Offering full-length, unlooped samples of every key for a spectacular piano sound, this new keyboard redefines your expectations for an instrument in this class. Taking its name from the Greek word meaning “color,” Krome is the new standard for sonic excellence in a gigging musician’s keyboard, providing a limitless palette of sound to bring vivid inspiration your music. Introducing the Krome Music Workstation.
- The Korg workstation ideal for any style of piano playing
- Kronos-derived full length, unlooped piano and drum sounds, plus new electric pianos designed to shine on stage
- Electric pianos with eight-level velocity switching for unmatched expressive power
- Clear, intuitive control with Korg’s exclusive 7-inch color TouchView™ display
- Drums offering separately mixable direct and ambient sounds for studio-grade quality
- Drum Track plays back realistic, inspiring grooves at the touch of a button
- Expertly created, in-demand sounds including 640 Programs and 288 Combinations
- Powerful Effects with 5 Inserts, 2 Master, and 1 Total FX, plus per track/timbre EQ
- Distinctive aluminum panel design exudes a sense of quality
- USB connection to your computer, plus an SD Card slot for data storage
- You can use the Krome editor to edit sounds on your computer
- Available in 61, 73, and 88 key models.
Click for more details.