AwTAC (NYC) Launches Awesome Channel Amplifier – Double Wide 500 Series Module Input Channel
September 12, 2012 by David Weiss
The Awesome Transistor Amplifier Company (AwTAC), which designs and manufactures entirely in NYC, announced that it has released its first module. Calling it the “heart of a mixing desk system for 500 format”, they have officially debuted the Awesome Channel Amplifier.
Available now at an introductory factory direct price of $1599 per channel, the Awesome is a double wide module designed with a large dose of early 1970′s transistor console design inspiration.
Here’s what AwTAC has to say about their big new baby:
“Much more than simply a mic pre and an EQ in a box, or a ‘recording channel’, the Awesome Channel Amplifier is a fully featured input channel to build a recording console around and includes a passive mix buss. Modules can be linked together via a standard XLR cable making mixing a reality for anyone with a standard 500 rack.
• Mic Pre
• Line Amplifier
• Instrument DI Amplifier
• Three Band EQ with 14 total Frequencies
• Passive Mix Buss: channels can be linked for full mixing capability
• 48v Phantom Powering
• Active High Pass Filter
• Phase Reverse
• Transformer Balanced Input and Output featuring custom wound Sowter and Crimson Audio Transformers
• %100 Discrete Transistor Through Hole Topology, no chips (IC), no Surface Mount (SMT)
• High Grade, No Compromise component selection chosen by Audio Designers, not Accountants.
• Designed and Hand Crafted in NYC, USA
Our unit, of course, is in every way usable as a stand alone mic pre, stand alone EQ or stand alone DI, but the Awesome Channel Amplifier allows for a much greater vision.
We are additionally very proud to state that this product is designed, fabricated and assembled by Americans, in the USA.
Oodles of information is available on our website.”