Event Choice: ManhatPro’s “Music & Audio for Film” w/Award-Winning Panel, Wed. 9/19 in NYC
September 18, 2012 by David Weiss
ManhatPro is making good on its commitments in a big way. After launching the “Making Film Music in NY” initiative this spring, the the NYC-based media education, professional mentoring and networking community for music professionals, has announced an essential fall event, “Music & Audio for Film”, at Apple’s Soho Theater, Wednesday, September 19th, 8-9PM.
This free-to-attend panel (first come, first seated) is jam-packed with talent, featuring Oscar, Emmy and Grammy-winning panelists. The discussion between top-level film music and audio experts includes:
– Oscar-winning film mixer Tom Fleischman (Goodfellas, Hugo, Reds, Malcolm X, The Silence of the Lambs, Gangs of New York, The Aviator)
– Music/score producer Teese Gohl, (Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark, The Tempest, You Don’t Know Jack, Batman Forever, The Red Violin, Frida, A Time to Kill, Michael Collins)
– Music recording engineer Lawrence Manchester, (The Departed, True Grit, The Good Shepard, Across the Universe)
– Sound effects artist Leslie Bloom (25th Hour, Half Nelson, Transamerica)
– Emmy-nominated music editor Annette Kudrak (“Boardwalk Empire,” Drive, Brokeback Mountain, Chicago, The Royal Tenenbaums).
The event will be moderated by Manhattan Producers Alliance founder Joe Carroll.
When/Where: Apple Soho Theater, 103 Prince Street: Wednesday, September 19th, 8-9PM
Admission: FREE. Seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis.