Sample Logic Introduces Cinematic Guitars 2
September 22, 2012 by David Weiss
It looks like the guitar has a few surprises left in it after all.
Actually, the vaunted six-string has a LOT of suprises, in the form of Cinematic Guitars 2 from virtual instrument specialists Sample Logic. Set for launch on October 1, CG2 can be pre-ordered now at a special price at this link. As of October 1, MSRP will be $399.99.
Here’s more on CG2, from Sample Logic:
“REDEFINE YOUR SOUND
Sample Logic continues their cinematic legacy by introducing Cinematic Guitars 2 – A suite of over 1200 jaw-dropping instruments and multis that are in no way just another guitar sample library. In creating a sequel to CG, the designers at Sample Logic went all the way back to the fundamentals of the recording process, where they re-conceived and invented new and clever ways of creating and capturing unique sounds derived entirely from real guitars, a big part of which came from the destruction and mutilation of real guitars during the recording process. From guitars being chained up, drilled, shattered, sledge hammered, and set on fire to the elegance and pristine air of bowed and prepared guitars, all off which were carefully manipulated and morphed to craft a library that sounds like no other.
UNPRECEDENTED INTERFACE CONTROLS
CG2 hosts a collection of unprecedented interface controls providing over 40 unique sections of onscreen effects and parameters. The main foundation of the interface is built upon Sample Logic’s “multi-core effect sequencer”, first introduced in the original Cinematic Guitars. Now, in CG2, this interface has been brought to a whole new level with the ability to control effects by assigning tempo-synced step sequencers and LFO’s to any instrument parameter and the option to sequence the bypass feature of each effect in realtime. In addition, all loop-based instruments can be controlled, effected, and manipulated at the transient slice level directly from the waveform view. CG2 also employs the new 4-band SSL EQ with multi-core sequencer functionality.
HOW IT’S ORGANIZED
Cinematic Guitars 2 is divided into 3 main categories: Atmospheres, Instrumentals and Percussives. Each contains a variety of unique sounds such as: explosive impacts, industrial kits, tempo-synced melodic & rhythmic loops, arpeggiated instruments, atmospheres, leads, pads, synths, transitions, stingers, and a collection of deeply sampled traditional guitar instruments. If you are familiar with any of Sample Logic’s previous products, then you will feel right at home with how this library is categorized.
MULTI SCRIPT MACROS
One of the biggest features introduced in CG2 is the powerful “Multi Script Macros” feature. Every Multi in CG2 contains up to 6 Macro knobs that can be assigned to control any combination of interface parameters. Multi script macros are completely customizable and can be easily created and saved as custom multi macros, simply add or subtract them by using the plus and minus buttons on the multi interface. By design, any combination of instrument interface parameters can be assigned to a single macro. Whether performing live or automating a multi in a DAW, these Macros are the perfect production solution.
• Atmospheric/Ambient Soundscapes and Stinger Construction Kits
• Morphed Guitars, Synths, and Pads
• Melodic and Percussive tempo-synced Loops
• Melodic and Percussive Arppegigated/Arpeggiated/Gated Instruments
• Percussive Impacts, Big Hit Ensembles, and Kits
• Swipes, Scrapes, and Reverse Transitional Effects
• Over 80 score-ready multis
• Performance-ready multis with up to 6 customizable Multi Script Macros (playable interactive preset templates made from multiple instruments)
Bonus multis created by award-winning composer Bill Brown
• Kontakt 5 Player – 5.0.3 or higher (free download) or retail version of Kontakt 5.0.3 or higher (sold separately)
• Mac: Mac OS X 10.6 or 10.7 (latest update), Intel Core Duo (will not work in OS 10.5 or lower), 2 GB RAM
• PC: Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit) Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB RAM
• 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player
• 17 GB free disk space for sample content
• 17+ GB library (direct download only)
• 1200+ Instruments & Multis
• Stand-alone, VST, AU, DXi, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio, WASAPI”