Sound Forge Pro Mac Officially Available from Sony
October 3, 2012 by David Weiss
Competition in the all-important audio editor sector has officially intensified.
Today Sony Creative Software announced that it has released Sound Forge Pro Mac 1.0 for sale to the public. Developed from the ground up specifically for OS X, Sony’s audio recording, editing, and mastering platform was previously available only for PC – since its launch in the 1990’s.
The MSRP for Sound Forge Pro Mac is $299. Here are more details, facts, and figures, straight from Sony:
“Professionals who work on the Mac platform will now be able to enjoy the Sound Forge quality standard in a fresh application that takes full advantage of OS X elegance and functionality.
Highlights include support for legacy features like event-based editing and a re-designed Plug-In Chainer, as well as a full suite of plug-ins dedicated to making efficient work of audio mastering and repair/restoration tasks. Sound Forge Pro Mac is a comprehensive solution for obtaining pristine audio, from recording to finished master.
• Focused Editing: Edit audio in a new user interface designed specifically for OS X, with dedicated viewing panels for the ideal workflow experience when recording, monitoring, editing, applying plug-in processing, and browsing for content.
• High-fidelity recording: Record up to 32 simultaneous channelsin 64-bit /192 kHz maximum resolution.
• Professional signal and effects processing: Utilize a full range of native processes.
• One-stop audio mastering: Produce broadcast-ready audio master files utilizing the new Plug-in Chainer design and Mastering Effects Bundle by iZotope — a suite of six essential audio mastering plug-ins: EQ, Multiband Compressor, Exciter, Imager, Limiter, and Reverb.”
• Restore and Repair Tools: Denoiser, Declicker and Declipper-an iZotope exclusive.”