FabFilter Releases Pro-DS De-Esser Plugin
October 9, 2012 by Gabriel Lamorie
FabFilter is expanding their expertly engineered plugin line with another offering in the dynamics realm. What sets the new Pro-DS apart from the rest of the crowd is the automatic use of FabFilter’s “Single Vocal” detection algorithm that can be applied to not only vocals, but anything you can think of.
The Pro-DS is available now for $189 MSRP for both Mac and PC. The plugin is available for Mac in all formats and available in VST, VST 3, AAX, and RTAS for the PC. Read on for more details from FabFilter:
“Intelligent and transparent
Even when using the best mics, pre-amps and converters, sibilance in vocal recordings can easily get over-accentuated during post-processing like compression or saturation. But don’t worry, FabFilter Pro-DS comes to the rescue!
With its highly intelligent ‘Single Vocal’ detection algorithm, FabFilter Pro-DS accurately identifies sibilance in vocal recordings and attenuates it transparently.
When using the ‘Allround’ mode, Pro-DS becomes a great tool for high-frequency limiting of any material, like drums or even full mixes. Try it out yourself!
Everything you need
FabFilter Pro-DS offers everything you need to get the best result possible, presented in a simple and easy-to-use interface. Wide band or linear-phase split band processing, an optional look-ahead of up to 15 ms, adjustable stereo linking with optional mid-only or side-only processing, up to four times linear-phase oversampling… it’s all there.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an excellent help file with interactive help hints, SSE optimization and much more!
- Highly intelligent ‘Single Vocal’ detection, and classic ‘Allround’ detection
- Transparent program-dependent compression/limiting
- Adjustable Threshold, Range and detection HP and LP filtering settings
- Wide Band or linear-phase Split Band processing
- Optional look-ahead time up to 15 ms
- Freely adjustable stereo linking
- Optional mid-only or side-only processing
- Up to four times linear-phase oversampling
- Real-time de-essing display, clearly showing the affected parts of processed audio
- Side-chain input meter, making it easy to choose a good Threshold value
- Real-time spectrum analyzer built into the HP/LP filter controller
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- High-quality 64-bit internal processing
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- Large and compact interface sizes
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- MIDI Learn
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Available in AU, VST, VST 3, AAX and RTAS formats for Mac OS X and Windows”