Antelope Audio Launches Orion 32 – 1RU 32-Channel AD/DA Converter, Audio Master Clock in a 1U Rack Box
October 27, 2012 by David Weiss
Yet another first is debuting at this year’s AES.
Antelope Audio is giving attendees something new to view with Orion 32, which the company is calling the world’s first 32-channel AD/DA converter and audio master clock in a 1U rack.
Orion 32 is debuting with a street price of $3,295. The unit supports both MADI and USB interfaces, and is clocked by Antelope’s 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology.
Here’s more details, directly from Antelope Audio:
“Orion 32 allows 192 kHz I/O streaming of 32-channel digital audio through its custom-built USB chip, which provides simple connectivity to any USB-enabled DAW or computer. The converter also provides 32 channels of 96 kHz audio through its Fiber Optic MADI I/O connections, which can be used to connect with any suitably equipped MADI device.
Orion 32 also supports ADAT protocol by offering 16 I/O channels, for even greater compatibility with a large number of audio devices. The multi-channel converter inputs and outputs pass the analog signal through 8 D-SUB 25 I/O connectors.
Antelope Clocking for Increased Sonic Accuracy
In addition to being an extremely high quality audio converter, Orion 32 is also an audio master clock. The Orion 32 employs Antelope’s proprietary 4th generation of AFC and oven controlled oscillator, technologies that made Antelope Audio clocks an industry leader for accuracy and reliability in recording, mastering and post-production facilities around the world. The four word clock outs, together with the 10 MHz input, make Orion 32 ideally suited to be in the center of any project or high-end studio.
With its seamless digital routing options, the Orion 32 offers exceptional flexibility. The routing feature allows sound engineers to, for example, use the AD conversion and output the signal simultaneously both through the MADI and USB interfaces. The device is managed through a user friendly desktop application available for both Windows and OS X. Moreover it is equipped with five preset buttons for fast and easy recall of favorite settings.
Orion 32 is packaged in a 1U enclosure with an eco-friendly power consumption of only 15 Watts.
- Antelope Audio precise AD/DA conversion technology
- Up to 192 kHz on 32 channels I/O via custom-built USB chip
- 32 channels I/O via Fiber Optic MADI I/O connections
- Eight D-SUB 25 connectors for AD and DA
- 16 channels on 4 ADAT input and output connectors
- Antelope’s renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking with Atomic input
- Antelope’s proprietary Oven Controlled Oscillator for supreme clocking stability
- Four word clock outputs and one word clock input
- Five presets for fast and easy recall of favorite setups
- 1U rack size with power consumption of 15 Watts and very low heating levels
- A user friendly desktop application available for both Windows and OS X“