Avid & Gobbler Announce Upcoming Integration
October 27, 2012 by Janice Brown
It was announced today that Gobbler - the file transfer and backup system designed specifically for audio professionals – will soon be officially integrated with Avid Pro Tools. The Gobbler integration will enable Pro Tools users to send files, mixes or entire sessions directly from the Pro Tools interface.
Here are some of the Avid+Gobbler capabilities, highlighted in the product announcement:
- Automatically locate and back up all of your local Pro Tools sessions to the cloud. You can sleep easier knowing you’ll never lose a session again.
- Locate, back up and send all the media files your session requires, regardless of where they’re stored. You can be confident you’re sending complete sessions.
- Continuous backup of sessions as you work. Your sessions will be ready to go when you’re ready to go home.
- Gobbler knows when your Pro Tools system is working, so it never interrupts your creative flow.
- Gobbler knows which files have already been uploaded and downloaded, avoiding wasted storage and minimizing transfer times.
- With no file size limits, you can send any size session to anyone, as easily as sending an email.
Until full integration is launched (which is expected before the end of the year), Gobbler continues to support fast and secure backup and transfer of Pro Tools sessions. Free 5GB accounts are available at www.gobbler.com. Larger plans from Gobbler are available on a monthly or annual basis.